Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meditation and Motivation

Meditation is an important key in life. It is good to have some alone time to pray, think, meditate. I have been doing some videos and at the end of the video you go to child's pose and release all that tension in your body. Also, he has you stay there and think about your final goal. What do you want it to be; what does it look like? This has helped me so much I have started doing it after my workouts at the gym. My mom said, "At the gym, with everyone around?" Yes, at the gym, too. It is just child's pose-haha. It releases all the tension and it helps you see what you want in turn making it easier to go every day and get back out there. That is what we want right-to keep those New Years resolutions. I want to be here to support you and make sure you keep up with them.

When doing this mediation you can think about what you want to look like at the end, but that doesn't necessarily have to be what you are picturing in your head. You can also picture yourself running around with your kids or grand kids-that can be your final goal. Something realistic. One thing I have learned from fitness is that it is best not to put up pictures you find out of a magazine to motivate you. Most likely that person doesn't have the same body type as you so it is an unrealistic goal. If it is a picture, you want pick a picture of you when you feel good at where you were. Not a high school picture-again that is unrealistic. I have learned with me-I can't use the picture when I was 250 lbs, that sends me into a negative fitness pattern. So pick something to motivate you in a positive way.



Okay now for A Fitness Tip. Today was cardio day for me. I like to use the elliptical. It is boring to just get on a machine and go. There is a choice on the elliptical-it is a button that says personal trainer. If you press it until it says x-train aerobic it takes you into a workout that switches things up in 10 minute segments. You are doing something different every 1-2 minutes. So when I get on, if I do an hour I say-I only have 6 segments to do. Then it isn't overwhelming, and it isn't boring because it is being changed up, not just getting on and going. Great cardio workout. So there is another little gem of info to put in your back pocket-go out there and get some cardio on today. Even if it is just taking a walk!!

Tomorrow we will talk about how to keep that want to workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment