Monday, September 8, 2014

The Elliptical

So as many of you know I have been doing the couch 2 5k program. It is 3 days a week for about 30 minutes. If I go to the gym I want a full hour. So my other cardio go to machine is the elliptical. Easy on the joints and it goes by quickly for me. It's because I break it into 10 minute segments. So usually on run days I do 3 segments. Sounds so much better than 30 minutes, right? Plus the 10 minutes are constantly changing what you do so they go by quickly. So I am going to lay it out for you here:

The 10 minute segment:
0-2 warm up. This is an easy pace, if you go more than one segment these two minutes should be done at you're medium speed.
2-3 only pushing. Push the arms of the elliptical, while trying to use just the arms and as little of the feet as possible.
3-4 only pulling. Just like above but pulling the arms of the elliptical. Both of these done at a comfortable speed, but faster than a warm up speed.
4-5 sprint. This should be hard, really push yourself, it's only a minute and next is:
5-6 recover. This should be a similar speed to warm up speed.
6-8 legs only. Take your hands off the arms of the elliptical and go at a medium to hard speed, not as hard as your sprint.
8-10 peddle backwards. The last two minutes you just start the peddles in reverse.

Repeat as long as you want your workout to be, but remember to up the speed on the first two minutes.

Now since I failed to do this earlier, before each meal tomorrow do the 10 squats from before, but this time add 10 jumping jacks. Make a goal for what you will do tomorrow to become a better you and post it here in the comments. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment